Inspecting the Register of Electors
The Register of Electors is available for inspection at Port Talbot Civic Centre. Anyone can check that their name has been included or if they wish to make an objection to any entry on the Register, however it cannot be searched by an elector’s name, it is in address order.
In accordance with the Representation of the People (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2002, the following rules apply to persons inspecting the register:
- The register is open to public inspection, under supervision.
- Extracts from the register may be recorded only by making hand written notes. Photocopying or electronic recording are not permitted by law.
- Information taken from the register must not be used for direct marketing purposes (as per section 11(3) of the Data Protection Act 1998), unless the information has been published in the edited version of the register.
- Anyone who fails to observe these conditions is committing a criminal offence. The penalty is a fine of up to £5000.
Purchase of open register
Only the open version of the register is available for general sale. It can be purchased in its entirety or in part and can be used for any purpose. Prices are calculated as follows:-
- In paper form - £10 admin fee plus £5 per 1000 entries in the Register
- In data form - £20 admin fee plus £1.50 per 1000 entries in the Register
If you would like to purchase the information, please contact electoral services by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01639 763330.