Education Welfare Officers support parents who may be experiencing difficulty in ensuring that their children attend school regularly.
The Education Welfare Service promotes the welfare of children and equal access to education for all children.
Services offered by the Education Welfare Officer Team:
- Supporting children and families
- Liaison with schools
- Advice on school admissions and transfers
- Information and advice on exclusion procedures
- Helping parents meet their legal obligations on school attendance
- Child employment licensing
- Education and welfare benefits advice
- Promoting child welfare
- Working with support agencies
- Enforcement of legal obligations of Local Education Authority in relation to school attendance
- Child protection
Your Education Welfare Officer can be contacted through your child's school.