DPSS234 - Personal Assistant - Margam - 21 Hours Per Week (Ref: V000234)
I am a man in my mid 30s living in the Margam area of Port Talbot. I have Asperger’s syndrome. I am a keen gamer (PS4!!). I am a bit of a film buff. I like to watch movies and read up on films, to see what goes on behind the scenes on movie sets and other information. I also like comic books and to talk about American Politics.
I find it difficult to socialise and I need a PA who is very patient and understanding, and will gently encourage me to go out. I would like a PA to support me to go to the local gym and to the cinema, going shopping and playing mini-golf.
- Keep me company at home and watch films/ game with me.
- Talk with me about my interests.
- Gently encourage me to go out and support me in social settings.
- Support me in going to the gym and to other places I would like to go.
- Working with me to be more independent, to develop skills and keep on top of appointments.
- Any other reasonable duties
A person who:
- Has some understanding of Asperger’s syndrome and of working with vulnerable adults.
- Is patient and understanding.
- Car driver is Essential
- Someone who is interested in and knowledgeable about the gym.
- Someone who likes gaming/comic books/keep fit.
- Good sense of humour.
- Someone able to work flexibly
- Someone who will work with me to promote my independence
- Someone who will respect my privacy and treat me with dignity and respect
21 hours to be used flexibly throughout the week
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of an individual employer. You will be employed by that individual and not Neath Port Talbot Council. To apply for this job please click the “Apply Online” link and complete the registration/application form. You will only need to complete this form once. If you wish to be considered for more than one vacancy or have any difficulties please contact us on 01639 686812 or email email@example.com quoting the reference numbers of the jobs you are interested in.
This post may require a DBS check (the cost of which will be met by NPTCBC). If this post requires you to work with children then it is compulsory for you to have a DBS check prior to commencement.
If requested by the employer, two satisfactory references must be provided. This post is subject to a trial period of 1 month and a probationary period of up to 6 months.
Wages will be paid on a 4 weekly or monthly basis once a valid National Insurance (NI) number has been provided. You must be eligible to work in the UK and your employer will conduct document checks prior to commencement.
You will receive the appropriate annual leave entitlement as well as all other statutory entitlements, details of which will be set out in your contract of employment. You will also be issued with a Personal Assistants Handbook when your employment commences.
You will be expected to undertake any mandatory training identified as relevant to this post. The cost of mandatory training will be met through the direct payment. Failure to attend mandatory training may result in your employment offer being withdrawn.
If you are interested in applying for a vacancy and have previously registered as a Personal Assistant with the Direct Payments Support Service, please contact the team on 01639 686812 instead of completing a Registration Form. Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note NPTCBC is advertising this post on behalf of an individual employer. You will be an employee of the Direct Payment Recipient and not of NPTCBC
- DPSS358 - Personal Assistant - Margam Village - Live-in PA - Rota Basis
£640.92 per week
- DPSS494 - Personal Assistant - Margam - 3 hours
- DPSS493 - Personal Assistant - Briton Ferry - 2 hrs per week
- DPSS472 - Personal Assistant - Trebanos - 15 hours 40 mins per week
- DPSS222 - Personal Assistant - Port Talbot - 5 hours per week per PA (10 hours double staffed)