Neath Fair and Food and Drink Festival cancelled due to Covid-19
The iconic Neath September Street Fair, which has been running for more than 700 years, and the town’s popular Food and Drink Festival have been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The decision to cancel Neath Fair and the Food and Drink Festival has, like many other major events around the UK, been taken early because of the significant preparation that is necessary to stage these large events
The fair is made up of 3 main events:
- Fun fair, based at Milland Road car park The Fun Fair is run by the 'Showman's Guild of Great Britain'
- Street Fair - located in the main streets of Neath Town centre:
- Horse fair, Situated at the Cattle Market on The Green:
From Monday 9th September to Saturday 14th September 2019, road closures will be in force throughout the pedestrianised area of the town.
Please note that the taxi rank which is situated in Wind Street will be relocated to Fairfield Way (other side of the multi-storey car park) for the duration of the street fair.
In addition there will be road closures on The Green and Commercial Street between 6.00pm and 12.00 midnight on Friday 13th September and 1.00pm to 12.00 midnight Saturday 14th September 2019, to ensure pedestrian safety.
For further information about the road closures, please contact Martin Brumby, Project Manager- Highways 01639 686013.
All car parks (with the exception of Milland Road) will be open with free parking after 6pm! Neath Multi Storey car park's opening times has been extended to 11pm.
- Milland Road Car Park - Closed to the public from Sunday 8th September 2019 and re-opening on Monday 16th September 2019.
- High Street Car Park - Open (restrictions apply)
- Rosser Street Car Park - Open (restrictions apply)
- Neath Multi Storey Car Park – Open (restrictions apply)