Council Leader announces new Cabinet
31 May 2017
Following his appointment as Leader of Neath Port Talbot Council, Councillor Rob Jones has announced his new Cabinet. The announcement was made at the meeting of the Council on Wednesday 31st May.
Councillor Jones will himself take responsibility for Community and Strategic Leadership. The other new portfolio holders are:
- Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Transformation, Councillor Anthony Taylor
- Cabinet Member for Finance, Councillor Carol Clement-Williams
- Cabinet Member for Corporate Services and Equalities, Councillor Doreen Jones
- Cabinet Member for Community Safety and Public Protection, Councillor Des W.Davies
- Cabinet Member for Adult Social Services and Health, Councillor Peter D.Richards
- Cabinet Member for Children’s Social Services, Councillor Alan R.Lockyer
- Cabinet Member for Education, Skills and Culture, Councillor Peter A.Rees
- Cabinet Member for Streetscene and Engineering, Councillor Edward V.Latham
- Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Sustainable Development, Councillor Annette Wingrave
Council Leader, Rob Jones said:
“The past few years have seen some very difficult decisions for this Council and I would like to pay tribute to the outgoing Cabinet for their work in reducing bureaucracy and improving key Council Services, whilst delivering a balanced budget.
“Like other Councils in the UK we still face difficult times ahead, but we have a very strong team in our new Cabinet, who between them represent a wealth of experience, skills, innovative ideas and above all a commitment to doing their very best for the communities of Neath, Port Talbot, Pontardawe and the Valleys.
“We will work together to drive forward our priorities. In particular we will continue to invest in local schools and further improve on our records for recycling, waste collection and tackling fly-tipping. We will also continue to drive the regeneration of the county borough, with a particular focus on our valleys areas and other initiatives to help improve our economy.”
- Ends -