Do I Need Regulations Approval?
You will usually require Regulations Approval in the
- When you erect or extend a building, unless it is an exempt
structure. If you require more information on these please
- When you materially alter a building e.g. carry out structural
alterations or close up internal doorways or knocking down walls
which has an effect on fire escape.
- When you extend or alter a controlled service within a building
e.g. install a WC or heating system.
- When you want to change the building's fundamental use. This
includes when the building is to be used as a dwelling,
institution, hotel, boarding house or public building where it
previously was not; or if the building is to contain a greater or
lesser amount of dwellings than it did previously.
- When self installing domestic replacement doors or windows
using a Builder or window company not FENSA registered.
Non-domestic windows/doors require an application.
- When carrying out electrical work using an electrician who is
not registered as a competent person.
- When renovating a thermal element of a building or inserting
insulation into a cavity wall.
building regulations approval >
Please note.......The above is not an exhaustive list.
If in doubt, Contact