Foster Plus covers our specialist fostering schemes which includes looking for foster carers for teenage placements, foster carers who can offer a placement for a parent and baby and foster carers to care for children with disabilities.
We ask all our foster plus carers to be able to:
- offer a stable, structured and nurturing environment
- help maintain and develop positive and supporting relationships.
- Assist children/young people to integrate and develop positive links within their local community
- Reduce the numbers of children and young people placed outside Neath Port Talbot
- Committed to managing crises and maintaining a child’s placement through times of difficulty
- To plan interventions to deal with difficult behaviour.
- To have the ability to set appropriate boundaries and manage the young person’s behaviour within these, without the use of physical or other inappropriate punishment.
- To work with the project group to try new approaches to managing behaviour.
- To collaborate with other professional workers
- To communicate effectively both verbal and written
- To keep information confidential
- To promote equality, diversity and rights of individuals
- To respect the different backgrounds and experiences of the young person
Please click on the relevant pages for more information on:
Call us today on 01639 685866