The aim of the Inclusion Service in Neath Port Talbot is to promote achievement and wellbeing for all children and young people.
In line with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) we are committed to ensuring every child or young person has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents.
We aim to achieve this by providing opportunities and resources whilst ensuring every child / young person is fairly treated.
Person Centred Practices (PCP) underpin our work. We strive to ensure children, young people and their parents/ carers have their views, wishes and feelings heard. We want children to take part as much as possible in the decisions that affect them.
Key functions of our service are:
- To contribute to the identification, assessment and review of the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) of children and young people from 0-19 year of age.
- To support schools in managing the process of inclusion by providing advice, guidance, support and high quality in-service training for head teachers, school governors, teaching and non- teaching staff.
- To make specialist provision for children and young people with Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- To support parents and carers by providing advice, guidance and support, which is easily accessible.
- To work closely with other agencies to ensure effective, timely and equitable provision for children and young people with Additional Learning Needs (ALN).