When are Elections held?
- Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Elections: Councillors are elected once every five years. Following an electoral review all 60 County Borough Council seats for 34 electoral wards will be up for election
- Community/Town Council Elections: Councillors are elected once every five years. All 250 Town/Community Council seats for 52 communities/community wards will be up for election.
- United Kingdom Parliamentary General Election: Members of Parliament are usually elected once every four/five years. The two constituencies in the County Borough area are Aberavon and Neath.
- Senedd Elections: Members of the Senedd are elected once every five years. Neath Port Talbot is responsible for the constituency elections in Aberavon and Neath. Electors will also vote for 4 Members for the South Wales West Electoral Region.
- Police and Crime Commissioner Elections: Police and Crime Commissioners are elected once every four years. Neath Port Talbot falls within the South Wales Police Area for these elections.
- By-election: A by-election may be held at any time if a casual vacancy occurs, due for example to the resignation of an elected member.