Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Skip Permit

If you wish to place a skip on any part of the highway in Neath Port Talbot, you must apply for a skip permit.

You must be a registered skip operator and you need to register as a waste carrier with Natural Resource Wales.

How much will it cost?

The current fee for a skip permit is £47.50 (you will need a debit or credit card) and Skip permits are valid for 28 days. If you wish to extend the permit after the initial 28 day period you must apply for a new permit.

How to apply?

You can apply for a skip permit online.

Apply for a skip permit

*Please complete the following skip application form and save it as a pdf. This can be uploaded during the application process.


  • Skip Regulations (DOC 46 KB)

    m.Id: 10427
    m.ContentType.Alias: nptDocument
    mTitle: Skip Regulations
    mSize: 46 KB
    mType: doc
    m.Url: /media/4306/skipregulations.doc

  • Skip Application Form - 2022 (DOCX 50 KB)

    m.Id: 31986
    m.ContentType.Alias: nptDocument
    mTitle: Skip Application Form - 2022
    mSize: 50 KB
    mType: docx
    m.Url: /media/16995/skip-application-form-accessible.docx


More information


How long will it take to process the application?

Applications are typically processed within three to five working days.

All applications are individually inspected, to check the suitability of the proposed location. Skip operators should wait for approval before placing a skip on the highway. Once a skip is approved, the department will contact the applicant to inform them of the outcome, and if any additional conditions apply.

Does tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority within 10 working days of them receiving a fully completed application.

If I’m turned down, how do I appeal?

There is no appeal procedure. Skip operators are reminded that they must not place a skip on the Highway if it has been refused by the Authority.

If you have any queries about any decisions, please contact the Streetworks department on 01639 686338.

How do I inform you about changes of circumstances?

Please contact the Streetworks department, to inform us of any changes.

Streetworks Contact details

Streetworks Department,
Neath Port Talbot CBC,
The Quays,
Brunel Way,
Baglan Energy Park,
SA11 2GG

Tel number: 01639 686338