The council places great emphasis on the importance of capital investment as a means to regenerate our communities and providing modern and safe buildings and infrastructure. Capital investment does not only lead to improved facilities and services but creates jobs and economic benefits for local people.
The Capital Programme for 2022/23 totals approximately £70m.
Where does the money come from?
From Welsh Government capital funding, from capital receipts and prudential borrowing: £45m.
From other external sources: £25m - this is the money the council has successfully bid for, despite competitions from other organisations. This funding can only be used for specific purposes. It is funding for example to help us realise our regeneration aspirations across the county borough and money for improvement projects in our communities that would otherwise never happen.
An example of this type of funding is the Welsh Government's 21st Century Schools Band B programme where the Welsh Government funds 65% of the cost of any investment with the remaining 35% being funded by the council.
Where does the money go?
The money is allocated to a range of investment projects including maintenance of buildings, highways and neighbourhood improvements such as maintenance of bridges and other structures and funding to improve our roads, and Disabled Facility Grants to enable people to live independently in their own homes.
The council is proud of its track record in attracting capital funding and successfully delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget and will continue to do so in the future.
Read more about the Capital Programme 2022-23.
Previous Capital Programme Reports
Capital Strategy And Capital Programme 2021 / 2022 To 2023 / 2024 (PDF 2.60 MB)
mTitle: Capital Strategy And Capital Programme 2021 / 2022 To 2023 / 2024
mSize: 2.60 MB
Capital Strategy And Capital Programme 2020 to 2023 (PDF 258 KB)
mTitle: Capital Strategy And Capital Programme 2020 to 2023
mSize: 258 KB
Capital Programme Report 2019 to 2022 (PDF 1.00 MB)
mTitle: Capital Programme Report 2019 to 2022
mSize: 1.00 MB
Capital Programme Report 2018 to 2021 (PDF 689 KB)
mTitle: Capital Programme Report 2018 to 2021
mSize: 689 KB