Founded in 1130 by the Norman Baron, Richard de Granville and described as the 'Fairest Abbey in all Wales' by Tudor Historian John Leland.
The Abbey enjoyed varying fortunes, even serving as an early copper works after the dissolution. Although situated near an industrial area, the Abbey's location, on the banks of the Tennant Canal, makes it a tranquil and memorable site for the visitor.
Location: Off the A465 follow the A4320 Skewen signs. Turn left opposite the Hope & Anchor public house.
Bus: 158 or 143 (First Cymru) from Swansea/Neath
Accessibility: Accessible to the disabled visitor.
- Tel: CADW on 029 20 500 200