In light of the current Covid-19 situation, and the significant impact this is having upon the education of all children and young people, as well as their families, the NPT Inclusion Service is offering a telephone consultation helpline, which may help support you and your child at home.
The NPT Inclusion Service consists of a number of agencies who support the Local Authority in addressing the needs of vulnerable learners, including those with Additional Learning Needs.
The teams are:
- Support for Learning, (Advisory Teams for Autism Spectrum Disorder, Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, Sensory Impairment and Learning)
- Additional Learning Needs Support Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- School Based Counselling Service
- Well-Being and Behaviour Team
- School and Family Support Team.
This consultation helpline, will be available to parents / carers of children and young people who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs, whether they attend a mainstream school or a specialist learning support centre or special school.
Areas of concern you may wish to discuss, could include:
- Anxiety around the current situation and its impact upon your children and family
- Helping you to support your children’s emotional needs
- Concerns about family relationships
- Advice about learning opportunities, daily structure and activities.
The concerns can be related to school or family life. You will be offered an initial telephone consultation of 30 minutes, with the most appropriate member of the inclusion service, dependent upon you and your child’s needs, and a potential follow-up of another 30 minute telephone consultation at a later date. These will be Monday to Friday within standard working hours.
If you would like to access the service, please use the form below. This service is also available bilingually, so please indicate whether you require the consultation through the medium of Welsh.
We will aim to get back to you within 2 working days to confirm a time and date.
Any personal data that you divulge to us during the phone call will be treated in confidence and in line with our obligations under the GDPR 2016. Please refer to the Local Authority Privacy Notice.