(Revocation) and (20mph Speed Limit) Order 2023
NOTICE is given that the Council on the 11th September 2023 made an Order in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which is as set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the Order and plan can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
The Order will come into force on the 17th September 2023
If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or of any of its powers on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Act or that any requirements of the Act or of any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made, apply for that purpose to the High Court.
Schedule 1 - Revocation
To revoke any speed limit orders in so far as it relates to the length of road set out in Schedule 2 of this Order
Schedule 2 - Proposed 20mph Speed Limit
2.1 Neuadd Road, Gwaun Cae Gurwen
From a point approximately 422 metres north west of its junction with Maes Gareth Edwards to a point approximately 644 metres north west thereof, a distance approximately 222 metres.
DATED 14th SEPTEMBER 2023
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the 17th day of September 2023 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Neuadd Road, Gwaun Cae Gurwen) (Revocation) (20mph Speed Limit) Order 2023.
- Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered article or schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- The provisions of all existing Speed Limit Orders made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (or under any enactment which preceded that Act) are hereby revoked in so far as they relate to the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 20 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.