(Revocation) and (30mph Speed Limits) Order 2022
Statement of Reason
The Order is necessary to maintain the existing speed limit of 30 mph on selected strategic roads within the borough after the Welsh Government has passed legislation to implement a 20 mph default speed limit in urban areas nationally throughout Wales in the interest of road safety.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 intends to make a Speed Restriction Order the general effect of which is set out in the Schedules below.
A copy of the draft Order, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by 17th October 2022.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1 - Revocation
- To revoke any speed limit orders in so far as it relates to the length of roads set out in Schedule 2 of this Order
Schedule 2 - Proposed 30mph speed limit
- A48 Margam Road, Margam, Port Talbot
From its junction with A48 Groes Roundabout to its junction with Constant Road, a distance of approximately 2058 metres in a generally north westerly direction
- A48 Commercial Road, Taibach, Port Talbot
From its junction with Constant Road to its junction with West End Access Road, a distance of approximately 510 metres in a generally north westerly direction
- A48 Talbot Road, Port Talbot
From its junction with West End Access Road to its junction with the Lane Rear of Grand Hotel, a distance of approximately 795 metres in a generally north westerly direction
- A48 Heilbronn Way, Port Talbot
From its junction with Rear Lane of Grand Hotel to a point approximately 185 metres in a west then north westerly direction, including the mini roundabout circulatory at the junction of Heilbronn Way and Station Road.
- Dyffryn Road, Taibach
From its junction with Commercial Road for a distance of approximately 20 metres in a north easterly direction.
- Abbey Road, Port Talbot
From its junction with Talbot Road for a distance of approximately 17 metres in a north easterly direction.
DATED 26th September 2022
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2022 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council ( A48 Margam Road to Port Talbot) 30mph Speed Limit Order 2022".
- Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered Article or Schedule is a reference to the Article or Schedule bearing that number in this Order.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the Interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- The provision of all existing Speed Limit Orders made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (or under any enactment which preceded that Act) are hereby revoked in so far as they relate to the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 30 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.