Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Anonymous Registration

If your personal safety would be at risk from your name appearing on the Voters List, you may be able to register anonymously. Whilst new rules were introduced in 2007 which will allow some people to register in this way, they are exceptionally strict and are set out in law.

To qualify, you will need either:

  1. A current court document including an injunction, restraining order, non-harassment order, a domestic violence protection order, a female genital mutilation protection order, and an interdict which is for the protection of or benefit to either you or someone in your household; or
  2. A qualified person needs to support your application. That person must be:

    • a refuge manager

    • a registered medical practitioner e.g. GP

    • a registered nurse or midwife

    • a police officer of or above the rank of inspector in any police force in the UK

    • Director General of the Security Services or the National Crime Agency

    • Director of Adult Social Services or Children’s Services in England,

    • a Director of Social Services in Wales,

    • a Chief Social Worker in Scotland (who may authorise in writing another person to attest an application for a person aged under 16)

    • a Director of Social Services of a Health and Social Services Board or an Executive Director of Social Work of a Health and Social Services Trust in Northern Ireland


  • Anonymous Registration (PDF 128 KB)

    m.Id: 16125
    m.ContentType.Alias: nptDocument
    mTitle: Anonymous Registration
    mSize: 128 KB
    mType: pdf
    m.Url: /media/9139/anonymous-registration-leaflet-wales.pdf


Please note: The qualifying officer does not have to be based in the same area as the applicant, but the attestation cannot be delegated to a more junior person within their organisation.

If you would like to apply to register in this way, please contact our Electoral Services team who will be happy to help. This type of application must be renewed annually.