Support for Learning
Meet the team
The Support for Learning service comprises of the following teams:
- Learning Difficulties (LD)
- Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties (SpLCD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Hearing Impairment (HI)
- Visual Impairment (VI)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
What we do?
The focus of our service is to ensure the inclusion and achievement of Children and Young People(CYP) with Additional Learning Needs (ALN) in Neath Port Talbot through:
- Early identification and effective intervention (including delivery of therapy)
- Collaborative working with schools and parents
- High quality training
- Multi-agency working
How to access the Support for Learning service?
Schools are able to access our service for individual pupil assessment/ support by completing and returning a ‘consultation request’ form. Parental consent must be obtained for this.
Should you wish to access our service for your child, please discuss with the school’s Additional Learning Needs Coordinator (ALNCo).
The requests received are discussed on a monthly basis in Communication Support Forum (CSF), which is attended by representatives from across the teams within the service. Schools are informed of the outcomes shortly after and will subsequently notify parents.