D58-2971 - Pentwyn Road, Cynonville and Afan Valley Road, Duffryn Rhondda
(Revocation) and (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022
Statement of Reason
The Order is necessary to maintain the existing speed limit of 30 mph on selected strategic roads within the borough after the Welsh Government has passed legislation to implement a 20mph default speed limit in urban areas nationally throughout Wales in the interest of road safety.
The Council as Local Highway Authority considers that this road is a strategic route with higher volumes of daily traffic compared to urban residential streets and as such does not meet the criteria or the nature of a road with a speed limit of 20 mph.
The Council considers that the existing 30 mph speed limit is an appropriate speed limit in order to maintain a reasonable traffic flow on higher traffic volume strategic routes.
(Pentwyn Road, Cynonville and Afan Valley Road, Duffryn Rhondda) (Revocation) and (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022
NOTICE is hereby given that the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 intends to make a Speed Restriction Order the general effect of which is set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Order, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by 20th January 2023.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1 - Revocation
To revoke any speed limit orders in so far as it relates to the length of road set out in Schedule 2 of this Order
Schedule 2 - Proposed 30mph Speed Limit
2.1 Pentwyn Road, Cynonville
- Starting from a point approximately 376 metres east from its junction with Percy Road Access, Cynonville, continuing in a general easterly direction for a distance of 343 metres taking in the remainder of Pentwyn Road.
2.2 Afan Road, Duffryn Rhondda
- Continuing from the point where Pentwyn Road finishes (as above) and becomes Afan Road, heading in a general north easterly direction for a distance of 511 metres to a point 125 metres west of its junction with Heol Y Castell, Duffryn Rhondda.
DATED 23rd DECEMBER 2022
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2022 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Pentwyn Road, Cynonville and Afan Valley Road, Duffryn Rhondda) (Revocation) (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022.
- (i) Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered article or schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
(ii) The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- The provisions of all existing Speed Limit Orders made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (or under any enactment which preceded that Act) are hereby revoked in so far as they relate to the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 30 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
D58-2971 - Pentwyn Road, Cynnonville and Afan Valley Road, Duffryn Rhondda (JPG 2.35 MB)
mTitle: D58-2971 - Pentwyn Road, Cynnonville and Afan Valley Road, Duffryn Rhondda
mSize: 2.35 MB