D58-2990 - Heol Y Goedlan, Rhiwfawr, Pen Y Rhiw, Rhiwfawr, Blaen Nant Access Road, Cwmllynfell
(Revocation) and (20mph Speed Limit) Order 2023
Statement of Reason
The Order is necessary to allow the conversion of the existing speed limit to 20 mph in order to complement the Welsh Government’s legislation to implement a 20 mph default speed limit in urban / rural areas nationally throughout Wales in the interest of road safety.
The Council as Local Highway Authority considers that the roads do not have street lighting at the regulation spacing and as such it needs to implement a 20 mph speed limit.
The Council considers that the proposed 20 mph speed limit is an appropriate speed limit for these type of roads and that the proposed speed limit aligns with the Welsh Government’s strategy.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 intends to make a Speed Restriction Order the general effect of which is set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Notice, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by 7th February 2023.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: email@example.com
Schedule 1 - Revocation
To revoke any speed limit orders in so far as it relates to the length of road set out in Schedule 2 of this Order
Schedule 2 - Proposed 20mph Speed Limit
2.1 Heol Y Goedlan, Rhiwfawr
- From a point approximately 18m east of its junction with Gwrhyd Road to a point approximately 168 metres north of its junction with Rhiw Road, a distance of approximately 342 metres.
2.2 Pen Y Rhiw, Rhiwfawr
- From its junction with Gwrhyd Road to its junction Rhiw Road a distance of approximately 316 metres in a generally south westerly direction.
2.3 Blaen Nant Access Road, Cwmllynfell
- From its junction with Gwrhyd Road for a distance of approximately 936 metres in a generally northerly and then north westerly direction.
DATED 17th JANUARY 2023
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2023 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Heol y Goedlan, Rhiwfawr, Pen y Rhiw, Rhiwfawr, Blaen Nant Access Road, Cwmllynfell) (Revocation) (20mph Speed Limit) Order 2023.
- (i) Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered article or schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
(ii) The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- The provisions of all existing Speed Limit Orders made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (or under any enactment which preceded that Act) are hereby revoked in so far as they relate to the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 20 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
D58-2990 - Heol y Goedlan, Pen y Rhiw & Blaen Nant Access Rd (JPG 2.62 MB)
mTitle: D58-2990 - Heol y Goedlan, Pen y Rhiw & Blaen Nant Access Rd
mSize: 2.62 MB