Sustainable Communities Growth Fund
Minimum grant award
Maximum grant award
Aim of the fund
The aim of the Sustainable Communities Growth Fund is to support local growth within our communities of Neath Port Talbot by increasing the support offered to address areas of need, with a focus on the themes of poverty and equality and promoting local activity for positive growth within our communities.
The fund would welcome applicants who seek to improve and enhance communities across Neath Port Talbot by
- improving community cohesion and safety,
- engaging young people,
- tackling poverty and the cost of living crisis.
The Fund will deliver activity that creates sustainable growth in our communities and enhance them as places to live, visit and work.
The Fund will provide financial support through the delivery of a £1m grant scheme which will support capital and revenue investments.
The Fund will focus on the following themes, which have been identified as a priority in the regional Investment Plan
- Investment in capacity building and infrastructure support for local civil society and community groups.
- Community measures to reduce the cost of living, including through measures to improve energy efficiency, and combat fuel poverty and climate change.
The following are examples of the type of eligible activities that may be considered for funding
- Cost of Living - Development of activities to support cost of living crisis and enhance support given by other funds and organisations e.g. food and fuel poverty activity, uniform banks, baby banks.
- Transport poverty - small-scale projects to help with transport poverty issues.
- Community Safety – funding to support the work of the Safer NPT Partnership in its aim to prevent and reduce crime across the borough.
- Digital Inclusion – funding to enhance support for digital inclusion working with community organisations.
- Youth Activity – support for young people including youth club development, outreach, youth shelters, youth cafes, skate parks.
- Equality – funding that addresses local community needs, aspirations and experiences in a wide range of areas (education, health and wellbeing, personal safety, employment, participation and living standards) regarding equalities.
- Welsh language development
To discuss your proposed project and request an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1 closing date to be confirmed