D58-3033 - Village Road and Brooklyn Gardens, Aberavon
(Revocation, prohibition of waiting, loading or unloading at any time, prohibition of motor vehicles except for access) Order 2023
Statement of Reason
The proposed traffic regulation orders will prevent indiscriminate parking and facilitate the passage of vehicular traffic in the interest of road safety.
NOTICE is given that the Council intends to make an Order under Sections 1, 2 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act of 1984”) and of all other powers them enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984, the effect of which is as set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Order, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by the 18th August 2023.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: email@example.com
Schedule 1 - Revocation
- Any existing Orders are hereby revoked only in so far as they relate to the side and length of road set out in Schedules of this Order.
Schedule 2 - Prohibition Of Waiting, Loading And Unloading At Any Time
2.1 Village Road, Aberavon (North West Side)
From a point approximately 210 metres south west of its junction with the southern kerbline of Baglan Way to a point approximately 256 metres south west of its junction with the southern kerbline of Baglan Way, a distance of approximately 46 metres.
2.2 Village Road, Aberavon (North East Side)
From its junction with the north eastern kerbline of Brooklyn Gardens to a point approximately 12 metres north east thereof.
2.3 Brooklyn Gardens, Aberavon (North Side)
From its junction with the north eastern kerbline of Village Road to a point approximately 12 metres south east thereof.
Schedule 3 - Prohibition Of Motor Vehicles Except For Access
3.1 Village Gardens, Aberavon
For its entire length
DATED 28th July 2023
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Sections 1, 2 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as "the Act of 1984”) and of all other powers them enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby make the following Order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2023 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Village Road and Brooklyn Gardens, Aberavon) (Revocation, Prohibition of Waiting, Loading or Unloading At Any Time and Prohibition of Motor Vehicles Except for Access) Order 2023.
- In this Order:-
- “Public Service Vehicle” shall have the same meaning as in Section 1 of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 and “local service” shall have the same meaning as in Section 1 of the Transport Act 1985;
- “Universal Service Providers” means those operators of postal services who are licensed to provide all or part of a Universal Postal Service under the provisions contained in the Postal Services Act 2000.
- Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered Article or Schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- In this Order:-
- Any existing Orders are hereby revoked only in so far as they relate to the sides of lengths of roads as set out in the Schedules of this Order.
- Save as provided in Articles 6 and 7 of this Order, no person except on the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Parking Attendant shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait, load or unload at any time on the lengths of sides of roads set out in the Schedule 1 of this Order.
- Save as provided in Articles 6 (B) (C) (D) (F), 7 and 8 of this Order, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed or be driven across those sides of lengths of roads set out in Schedule 2 of this Order.
- Nothing in Article 4 and 5 shall render it unlawful to cause or permit any vehicle to wait on the lengths and sides of roads specified therein for so long as may be necessary to enable:-
- a person to board or alight from the vehicle
- the vehicle, if it cannot conveniently be used for such purpose in any other road, to be used in connection with any of the following operations, namely:-
- building, industrial or demolition operation;
- the removal of any obstruction to traffic;
- the laying, erection, alteration or repair in or on land adjacent to the said side of road of any sewer or of any main, pipe or apparatus for the supply of gas, water or electricity or of any telecommunications apparatus as defined in the Telecommunications Act 1984;
- the vehicle, if it cannot conveniently be used for such purpose in any other road, to be used in the service of a local authority or of a water authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties;
- the vehicle to be used by a Universal Service Provider for the purpose of delivering or collecting postal packets;
- Public Service Vehicles operating a local service when waiting at an authorised bus stop to set down or pick up passengers, or to school buses;
- For or in connection with mechanical road cleansing or mechanical refuse collection.
- The prohibitions imposed by Article 4 and 5 shall not apply to Police, Fire, Ambulance or other Emergency Service vehicles or to Local Authority vehicles when in pursuance of statutory duties or powers.
- The prohibition imposed by Article 5 of this Order shall not apply to vehicles proceeding or being driven across those sides of lengths of roads set out in Schedule 2 to this Order for the purposes of obtaining access to land or premises situated on, under or abutting those lengths of roads or for the conveyance of persons or goods to or from any premises situated on or adjacent to those lengths of road.
D58-3033 Village Road and Brooklyn Gardens (JPG 2.93 MB)
mTitle: D58-3033 Village Road and Brooklyn Gardens
mSize: 2.93 MB