Food Poverty Grant
Neath Port Talbot Council has received funding from the Welsh Government to support organisations in their efforts to tackle Food Poverty in Neath Port Talbot
Who is eligible to apply?
Charitable or voluntary organisations, those with charitable objectives and not-for-profit organisations.
The funding will support the increased number of people facing food poverty by strengthening community food initiatives. This includes a focus on activity that helps to address the root causes of food poverty.
The revenue funding can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Developing projects such as
- social supermarkets,
- community cafes,
- lunch clubs and
- community cookery classes.
- Developing and strengthening food partnerships with a view to creating healthy, sustainable local food systems that help tackle food insecurity.
- To provide specialist support for initiatives such as
- outreach work,
- training for volunteers,
- building community resilience through the development of community hubs,
- community cafes,
- social enterprises and
- advice services built around community food provision.
How to apply
Please complete the application form and provide the necessary additional information required.
Failure to provide the required information may result in delays in assessment or the application becoming ineligible for consideration.
Levels of funding
Each application will be assessed on its merits with no minimum or maximum amount set for applications.
All funding will need to be spent by 31st March 2023.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd July 2022
Applicants can apply during each round.
Application criteria and assessment
All applications will be assessed against the criteria below and applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- Organisational status / charitable objectives.
- That the funding will address the Funding Criteria or an identified food poverty need.
- Accessibility and equal opportunities.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Poverty Grant Application Form (DOCX 47 KB)
mTitle: Food Poverty Grant Application Form
mSize: 47 KB