Application Criteria Youth
This fund is available for community police officers or other community based groups to apply for financial assistance towards the costs of projects involving young people, not currently taking part in any community activity, in diversionary activities, to achieve a higher interest and to increase the number of young people attending. The maximum grant for each application is £500. Detailed costings for all applications will be required.
Objectives of fund:
- to cut local crime and keep more young people out of trouble;
- to improve opportunities and facilities for young people in their local communities;
- to stimulate an interest in voluntary work;
- to help strengthen local communities;
- to improve quality of life in the community.
Who can apply?
- community police officers;
- community based groups that work with young people.
Maximum grant: £500 per application per annum
This is not restricted but could include:
- transport costs;
- sessional worker hours.
Each application will need to be judged on its merits but must fulfil the following criteria:
- that it involves young people;
- has links to Community Safety;
- sets out to achieve the aims of the grant;
- meets the criteria for application.
As part of the assessment, the local councillor will be consulted on the bid. The final decisions on applications will be with the Economic & Community Regeneration Cabinet Board.
If the application is approved a short report must be submitted to the Economic & Community Regeneration Board at the end of the project evaluating the success of the project, including relevant performance information.
Funding Application Form