Community Independence Service
Support in Your Own Home
About the Community Independence Service
The Community Independence Service provides housing-related support to help vulnerable people to live as independently as possible. The Service provides one to one support to help people to manage and maintain their homes, tenancies and personal circumstances. The Service is available at agreed points during the week and is available across all areas of the Neath Port Talbot Borough.
The Community Independence Service provides support that enables individuals to improve their independent living skills whilst promoting their independence.
The type of support available includes:
- budgeting and debt management
- planning and preparing healthy food choices
- planning healthy choice shopping lists and assisting with shopping where necessary
- preparing meals
- weekly shopping
- assistance at key medical appointments
- ensuring homes are kept safe and clean and in line with tenancy agreements
- encouragement to take part in social activities in the local community
You do not need to have a formal assessment or care and support plan to be referred to the Community Independence Service. Referrals can come via:
- The NPT Gateway
- Social work teams
- Homeless prevention teams
- Mental Health Crisis Team
- Children & Young People Services
- Local Area Coordinators
Paying for services
The Community Independence Service is funded through the Governments Supported People Programme.
There is no charge for this service.
For more information please contact:
Tel: 01792 812825
(Name, Address, Date of Birth, Support Requirements)
Opening Hours: 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday