Neath Port Talbot Library Service Terms and Conditions
You can apply for a library card if you live in Neath Port Talbot or work in or visit Neath Port Talbot, but don’t live here.
By joining the library, you are confirming that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of membership and agree to abide by these terms, for the duration of our contract.
Your library card is free and allows you to:
- borrow books, music, DVDs and spoken word titles from all our libraries
- renew, reserve and view your details and loans online
- download ebooks, online magazines, and audiobooks for free
- use library computers and Wifi
You will be responsible for all items borrowed on your card, and for any charges resulting from its use. For this reason, your library membership details and PIN should not be shared with others.
Parents/guardians of children under 16 years of age must read and accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of each child in their care wishing to become a library member.
General conditions of membership
- Online membership entitles you to use our digital collections such as eBooks, audiobooks and downloads. When you join online you will be given a library ID number and PIN of your choosing, for your own personal use.
- Full library membership entitles you to use all library services provided by Neath Port Talbot Libraries and our partner organisations. When you have joined as a full member, you will be given a library membership card and a PIN, for your own personal use.
Use of library computers and the internet
You must agree to adhere to our Acceptable Use Policy in order to start your computer session:
Neath Port Talbot Library and Information Service has a role to provide information, education, recreation and cultural enrichment opportunities for all its users.
Users should be aware that all internet activity is logged. These logs are retained by the Authority and can be used during an investigation into a breach of conditions.
The Library Service provides free access to its internet services for all library members.
It is not responsible for the accuracy, validity, legality or usefulness of the information available. In particular:
- Transmission and receipt of any material in violation of any laws is prohibited, including but not limited to: copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, pornographic material, or material protected by trade secret.
- Access to chat rooms is not allowed.
- Using library on-line facilities to carry out business transaction on a full-time permanent basis is prohibited.
- The library staff cannot be held responsible for any losses or abuse resulting from the use on online financial transactions.
- All users should ensure that they have appropriate authority or permission to download copy or print any material/data.
- Users will not use the computers for viewing live TV broadcasts.
Permission of parents/guardians is required before children 16 years and under are allowed to use the internet.
The Library Service advises parents/guardian to supervise their children’s use of the internet. Library staff will assist users to the best of their ability but cannot be expected to provide expert advice or be responsible if any work is lost or corrupted.
The use of Internet/Computers will be withdrawn from anyone who breaches any of the above conditions.