If you have tested positive for COVID-19 you must self-isolate and follow Welsh Government guidance
Prepare to self-isolate
If you need to self-isolate, you must do so right away. It might be useful to consider what you may need in advance so you are ready to isolate if needed.
How NPT Safe & Well can help you
NPT Safe & Well is a service that can help to connect you with a local volunteer, community group or local service to access support with:
- Food shopping
- Collecting prescription medication
- Running daily errands
- Or arranging for someone to check you are okay
We are here to offer a helping hand to those who don't have any friends or family to call on for support.
NPT Safe & Well is a partnership response to the coronavirus pandemic between Neath Port Talbot Council, community groups, volunteers and housing associations to ensure those who need additional support are able to access it.
There are a range of ways you can access food shopping if you are not able to leave your home or have nobody to help you:
- Local shops - there are many local shops that now offer a delivery service. You can view these on our NPT Buy Local directory
- Supermarkets - Most major supermarkets offer online shopping, home delivery and click & collect services that you can use. Supermarket priority slots will still be available for those who were required to shield. Also, if a volunteer or carer is shopping for you, some supermarkets sell gift cards and vouchersthat they can use to pay for your shopping
- Volunteer Support - There is a lot of help available from volunteers. If you are unable to arrange a food delivery by using one of the options above, we can connect you with a trusted volunteer who will be able to help. Call us on 01639 686868 for more information (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm).
- Food Banks/Food Share Schemes – There is a network of food banks and food share schemes across the county borough that can help people who require emergency access to food.
If you are unable to collect your medication, your local community pharmacy may be able to deliver it to you. You can find details of your local pharmacy via the NHS 111 Wales online directory.
If your local community pharmacy is unable to deliver, we will be able to connect you to a volunteer to do this for you. Call us on 01639 686868 for more information.
There are many volunteers and support groups that can help you with daily tasks such as posting mail, walking your dog, or can simply check in with you to make sure you are okay.
If you have nobody to help you, we will help match you to someone who can. Call us on 01639 686868 for more information.
To view a wider range of local support groups in the community, search our Dewis Cymru online directory.
Keeping up to date
We want to do everything we can to help keep you safe and well. To keep up to date with information on to how to protect yourself from the coronavirus and the latest announcements in Neath Port Talbot,
Online: www.npt.gov.uk/coronavirus or https://gov.wales/coronavirus
Social media: @NeathPortTalbotCBC (Facebook), @NPTCouncil (Twitter)
Telephone: To speak to someone about our NPT Safe & Well Service, call us on 01639 686868.