Let's Talk - Prize draw terms and conditions
1. Entry is open to UK residents aged 13 or over. This excludes employees of Neath Port Talbot Council and those who have been involved in the participation of Neath Port Talbot’s Let’s Talk campaign in any capacity.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary to take part in this prize draw. To enter, you must complete the Let’s Talk survey on the www.npt.gov.uk/LetsTalk webpage.
3. The promoter of the prize draw is Neath Port Talbot Council (‘the Council’).
4. To enter the Prize Draw: Prize draw entries must be made by completing the Let’s Talk survey which can be found at www.npt.gov.uk/LetsTalk. You must complete your email address and/or telephone number in the boxes provided and tick the option "Please enter me into the prize draw”. You will only be entered if you provide your email address and/or telephone number AND tick the box.
5. The Council accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind, late, lost or delayed entries or network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may delay or restrict entry into the prize draw. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. We may reject any entry made in any other format, or which is incomplete, illegible, defaced or using a copy of an official form.
6. Only one entry per person. If you use your work computer, you may need your employer’s permission before entering.
7. The prize draw closes at midnight on Thursday 30th September 2021, or the date the Council closes the consultation exercise (‘the Closing Date‘). All prize draw entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
8. The Prize: fifty prizes will be awarded in total, and each prize consists of a choice of ticket (s) / pass to selected venues or events around the county borough (if drawn the winner will have a choice of ticket (s) / pass to a selected show / event or a pass to Margam Country Park - details to be provided to the winner after selection).
9. Winners: the decision of the Council is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Council will draw the winners at random on Wednesday 13th October 2021.
10. We will notify the winners by email using the email address or telephone number provided in their official entry form by Friday 15th October 2021. If a winner does not respond to the Council within 2 working days of being notified by the Council, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Council will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
11. Details on how to pick up their prize will be provided to the winner after selection.
12. Winners may be required to take part in promotional activities, by taking part and entering the competition will be taken as consent to take part in such activities.
13. The Council must either publish or make available information that indicates a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Council will publish a list of winners’ initials and surnames on the Let’s Talk web page which can be found at www.npt.gov.uk/LetsTalk within one month after the closing date stated in clause 7. If you object to any or all of your initial and surname being published or made available, please contact the Council [firstname.lastname@example.org]. In such circumstances, the Council must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
14. The Council reserves the right to substitute any prizes with a prize of equivalent or higher value in the event of circumstances outside of its control. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, no cash alternative to the prize is offered.
15. The Council reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. Completing the Let’s Talk survey and ticking the option "Please enter me into the prize draw” will show you accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone found to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Council, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Council, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein
19. The terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Law of England and Wales