Commercial Yard To Lease, Margam
Location lends itself to a variety of commercial uses (subject to planning)
- Secured location with fencing
- Edge of town location
- Easy motorway access
- Near Port Talbot steelworks
- Would suit a variety of uses
- Easy access for HGV lorries
- Direct access from the adopted highway
Accommodation and Area
The accommodation is offered by way of a full repairing and insuring lease for a term of years to be agreed.
The property is a secure yard with paradise fencing and could be suitable for a number of commercial uses (subject to planning consent).
All measurements are approximate .
- Site Area - 7487m2 (1.85 acres)
- £15,000 per annum
The yard area associated with the X-Ray Plant, Margam is surplus to the requirements of Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council and interested parties are invited to submit written offers for the leasehold interest.
The property is situated on the edge of Margam and enjoys good transport links with Port Talbot Town Centre and the M4 Motorway.
to inspect the site and carry out any non-intrusive surveys that they consider appropriate.
The prospective leaseholder will be deemed to have leased the site in its existing state of condition and subject to all defects whether latent or otherwise. The Council gives no warranty, express or implied, as to the state and condition of the site compound.
We are advised that there are no main services connected to the premises but any occupier must satisfy themselves independently as to the state and condition of such items.
The Tenant will be responsible for the Council’s surveyor’s fee of £750, together with the Council’s reasonable legal fees.
Historically, the property has been utilised as a storage facility.
It is considered that it would suit a range of uses within the commercial sector subject to planning permission.
It is for the prospective purchaser to ensure that any proposals are acceptable to the Local Planning Authority. Any interested parties requiring information about the property’s existing use or possible alternative uses should contact the Local Planning Authority.
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of Neath Port Talbot Council’s Business Rates team to ascertain the exact rates payable as a change in occupation may trigger an adjustment of the business rates assessment.
Financial and accountancy references may be sought from any prospective tenant prior to agreement.
Further technical information including internal CAD layout plans etc. is available on request.
Prospective Lease Terms
The Council will grant a commercial lease on its standard terms and conditions, which will include the following:
- Rent: £15,000 per annum
- Rent: 3 month’s rent in advance, payable on completion of the lease. Rent is to be payable quarterly in advance by direct debit and is exclusive of business rates and any VAT which may become payable.
- Rent Deposit: A rent deposit equivalent to 3 months’ rent is payable on all new lettings, to be held throughout the term of the lease and any statutory continuation. No interest is payable, and the deposit may be drawn upon in the event of rent arrears or non-compliance with any lease covenants.
- Term: For a term to be agreed, with a minimum of 3 years.
- Review: Rent reviews at the end of each 3rd year in an upward direction only.
- Alienation: The lease may be assigned with the Council’s prior written consent. No subletting is permitted.
- Insurance: The Council insures the land against damage by various risks with the premium recoverable from the tenant.
- Business Rates: The tenant to pay the business rates in respect of the property.
- Repairs: The tenant is to be responsible for all maintenance repairs and renewals.
- Utilities: The tenant will be responsible for the payment of all utility bills and for maintaining the services in accordance with current regulations.
- Other: Any lease agreement will be subject to such other terms and conditions as the Head of Council’s Legal Services deems necessary for inclusion or otherwise in the final leasehold documentation.
Energy Performance Certificate
Consideration of Written Offers
The Council will have regard to the following when considering the offers received:
- The rental offer for the property
- The length of the lease
- Financial strength of the prospective lessee
- The proposed planning use class.
All offers must be in writing. The submission of a written offer via email is acceptable.
The Council is not obliged to accept any offers, including the highest offer, for the leasehold of the property.
Neither the Council nor its advisors will be liable for any costs incurred by third parties through the preparation of any written offers
For further information or to arrange an inspection please contact:
Baglan Energy Park
Neath SA11 2GG pref
1. These particulars are for guidance purposes only and are expressly excluded from any part of any contract. Any measurements given are indicative only.
2. Any prospective tenant must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the condition of the property.
3. Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council, including its Agents or any other person within its employment, does not give any representation or warranty in relation to the land described herein.
4. None of the Statements contained in these Particulars is to be relied on as a statement or representation of fact.
5. The Ordnance Survey mapping included within this document is provided by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey in order to fulfil its public function.
6. The particulars contained herein, do not constitute an offer or a contract. Furthermore, they will not form part of any subsequent offer or contract.