Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Coronation of King Charles III - Event Options

Garden Parties

Parties in people’s private gardens are one option to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III. 

Community Centres or other local venues

Church or village halls (for example) could be used as an alternative location for those who wish to organise a more formal community get together – especially with our Welsh weather – even in May it is not guaranteed that the weather will be dry! Applications will need to be made directly to the relevant venues.

Outdoor public spaces

Areas such as parks or other appropriate green areas would need a formal application to the land owner. If it is council owned land, please contact as early as possible to obtain information on what documentation is required.

Street Parties (road closures)

If you do wish to organise street parties you will need to read the guidance on what information the council require from you. Alternatively you can contact 

You will also need to complete an Event Registration Form.

There will be a compulsory requirement for £5m Public Liability Insurance Cover to be in place before the road closure requests will be processed. 

Final applications for road closures need to be submitted by 28th February 2023.

First aid cover is also required in case of accidents or injury – some street parties will pose more risk than others, depending on the activities involved. First aid cover can be provided by those attending the party, providing they are suitably qualified and are aware of their duties and responsibilities. We will need to see copies of their first aid qualification certificates.