Third Sector Grants
The Neath Port Talbot Third Sector grant fund is now open for applications for 2022-2023 financial year.
The total amount available is £200,000 and organisations are asked to be mindful of the amount they will be applying for (as the total amount will need to be spread across several organisations that are successful).
The Council’s well-being objectives remain relevant in the short term. It is therefore suggested that:
- Applications are invited for 12 months funding or less and should be specifically focused on activities that will help to further develop community capacity/ collaboration and building from the community action that has supported the response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Those organisations in receipt of multi-year grant agreements be asked to set out in clear terms how they intend to support the further development of community capacity building.
Those organisations who are bidding for core funding (includes the core costs of running and developing an organisation or more specifically the costs to help it carry out a particular project or service) will need to make a commitment to helping the Council implement its Corporate Plan in eight areas:
- Promote the take up of the Council’s on-line services through the Switch brand and help people to access those on-line services (digital assist support);
- Encourage participation in Council and local community-run events to support well-being;
- Leverage in additional funding;
- Promote the Council’s Community Directory (Dewis) so that there is a good understanding of all the services that are available within the local area and how to access them;
- Encourage the identification and development of local early intervention and prevention services and facilitate access to those services;
- Support, inform and promote the Council’s priorities;
- Contribute to engagement and communications campaigns to improve understanding within communities of the Council’s priorities and services;
- Where appropriate, provide a physical space that can facilitate co-location of workers from across the public service to provide more integrated services that respond to the needs of local people and communities
How to apply
- Please read the Scheme before completing an application form.
- Applications should show how the proposal embraces the Sustainable Development principle as contained within the Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
- Closing date for applications: 15th October 2021
- Applicants will be notified before 31st December on whether or not they have been successful.
If you would like to speak to an officer on your proposed application or have any queries please contact:
Applications may be submitted in Welsh and will be dealt with to the same standards and time scales as those submitted in English
Third Sector Grants Downloads
Third Sector Grants Funding Scheme (DOC 96 KB)
mTitle: Third Sector Grants Funding Scheme
mSize: 96 KB
Application Form (DOCX 133 KB)
mTitle: Application Form
mSize: 133 KB