Freedom of Information
Non-Domestic Rates (Business Rates) Requests
Neath Port Talbot Council receives a number of requests of a similar nature for information which relates to Business Rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To address these requests we are now publishing specific information on:
- Accounts in Credit
- Full list of non-domestic properties within Neath Port Talbot with Rateable Value.
- Mandatory and Discretionary Relief
- Occupied Properties (including details of Relief / Exemption)
- New Liabilities from 1st April of the current financial year.
We will publish this information on a daily basis; we will not provide individual responses to requests during the year for similar information but will re-direct requestors to our published list of reports held on this webpage.
Limitations on Data
- Ratepayers names and addresses are not routinely published for individuals ( i.e sole traders, partnerships etc) as such data will be their personal data and the authority may be in breach of the Data Protection Act if it were to routinely publish that data.
- The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this is a leaseholder and not the freehold owner of a premises. It is not possible to identify the freehold owners of premises from our records.
- Account references are not included as these are personal to the account, and are used to ensure that a ratepayer is actually the account holder when they contact the Council.