Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information

More news
Latest Covid-19 guidance from Welsh Government

Read the latest Covid-19 guidance from Welsh Government

Business Support

Support and advice for businesses during the coronavirus outbreak

Self-isolation Guidance

How and when you and your household need to self-isolate ...

What you need to know

If you are experiencing financial hardship because you have to self-isolate and can’t work, there are a number of schemes that might be able to provide support:

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. To be eligible you must be on a low income; out of work; self-employed; ill or self isolating. You can check if you're eligible for Universal Credit on

Statutory Sick Pay - People who are in employment and are unable to work because of coronavirus, and are eligible, can receive Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from day one of their illness. You can find information about SSP, including eligibility and how to claim on

Working Tax Credit – if you are receiving this benefit your entitlement can continue for the first 28 weeks of sickness whilst you are employed, unless you make a claim for Universal Credit.

People that are ill or self-isolating may be able to apply for Employment Support Allowance (ESA). For more information go to:

Financial or debt advice - services offering free impartial money and debt advice

Citizens Advice provides free confidential, independent advice on lots of problems. This includes benefits, debt, money or legal issues. Go to or call Advicelink: 03444 77 20 20; Textphone: 1801 0800 144 8884

The Money Advice Service provides free and impartial advice to help you plan and manage your finances. Go to or call 0800 138 7777; Typetalk 18001 0800 915 4622

Dewis Cymru helps you find money and debt advice services where you live. For more information go to

The Welfare Rights team at your local council deals with all aspects of helping people claim the benefits they are entitled to. Neath Port Talbot residents can email or call 01639 685225.

NPT Safe and Well - If you live in Neath Port Talbot, are unable to leave your home and don’t have any friends or family who can support you, NPT Safe
and Well can help to connect you with a local volunteer, community group or local service to access support with food shopping, collecting prescription medication, running daily errands or arranging for someone to check you are okay. Find out more at or call 01639 686868.

NPT Safe&Well

NPT Safe & Well is a scheme that can help to connect you with a local volunteer, community group or local service to access support with:

  • Food shopping
  • Collecting prescription medication
  • Running daily errands
  • Or arranging for someone to check you are ok

We are here to offer a helping hand to those who don't have any friends or family to call on for support.

Visit NPT Safe & Well

NPT Buy Local

Our shops and businesses are at the heart of our our towns, communities and high streets. They make them unique and diverse. They now need our support in order to survive this crisis and thrive. We’ve set up NPTBuyLocal to encourage people to buy local and help improve the local economy.

Many are now offering delivery services so you can still shop local even if you can’t get out and about.

Visit NPT Buy Local
Make a Coronavirus complaint
NPT Council deal with complaints about businesses. Residential and domestic breaches should be referred to the Police via 101

You may need to prove that you are fully vaccinated or have tested negative to attend some events or venues.

Information on Covid-19 in your choice of format
Information on Covid-19 in your chosen language