What the ‘firebreak’ will mean for NPT services and facilities
22 October 2020
Due to increasing Covid-19 cases across Wales and Neath Port Talbot, the Welsh Government has announced a national 'fire-break' lockdown from 6pm on Friday, October 23rd we all MUST follow to prevent the spread of the virus any further.
Many council services will remain operational but there will be some changes.
Below is a list of some of the services and facilities which are frequently asked about in terms of closures or changes and what the lockdown will mean for them:
• Margam Country Park will remain open. This includes play areas and Charlotte’s Pantry will continue providing a takeaway service. As with Gnoll Country Park, you should walk to the parks for exercise only, access to the car parks will remain open for visitors with specific health or mobility issues. You must not arrange to meet with other households in the play areas or socialise there. Picnics or any other outdoor social gatherings will not be allowed.
• Gnoll Country Park will remain open to the public (the toilets will be open and the café will be open for takeaways).
• All NPT car parks will remain operational.(Subject to ongoing social distancing and other requirements)
• Cemeteries and Margam Crematorium will remain open to the public.(Subject to ongoing social distancing and other requirements).
• Playgrounds will remain open to the public.(Subject to ongoing social distancing and other requirements).
• Bulk waste collections will continue as normal.
• All NPT recycling centres will shut at the close of business (5pm) on Friday, October 23rd.
• Recycling and waste collections will continue as normal.
• Public toilets that are open will continue to be open (with signage, social distancing etc).
• While bus companies will make every effort to ensure buses operate in peak hours to enable key workers to travel to work, late cancellations and changes to timetabled services are likely, often with limited notice. So those who must use public transport should check directly with operators before travelling.
There is more information on council services here: www.npt.gov.uk/coronavirus
There is also more guidance plus frequently asked questions about the lockdown restrictions on the Welsh Government website here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions