Update for Skewen residents from Neath Port Talbot Council – Friday 6 August
06 August 2021
Welcome to the latest update for Skewen residents from Neath Port Talbot Council. To view all the latest updates from both the Council and the Coal Authority, visit: www.npt.gov.uk/skewen
Subscribe to our newsletter
Flooding on Dynevor Road on Monday (2nd August)
We continue to have a large workforce presence on site and we are working with partner organisations to investigate potential causes of the flood which, following the extreme rainfall event on Monday, caused internal flooding to three properties on Dynevor Road. We will update residents on the outcome of those discussions as soon as we can.
Financial and wellbeing support
We would like to remind residents of the support available from NPT Council and partner organisations:
- Council Tax – If you are having difficulty paying your council tax, please contact our Council Tax Team on (01639) 686 188 or email email@example.com . The team may be able to agree a different schedule of payments which will be easier for you to keep to.
- Citizens Advice Swansea, Neath Port Talbot – Citizens Advice has a team of advisers who can provide you with the information you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with debt problems and how to get your finances back into shape.
You can contact Citizens Advice on their free phone line on 0808 278 7926 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Information is also available on their website: www.citizensadvicesnpt.org.uk
- Local Area Coordinator – Local Area Coordinators are employed by Neath Port Talbot Council to help people who are at risk of reaching a crisis in their life or to help people to recover if a crisis has already happened. They work with people and their families to:
• improve their health and wellbeing
• stay safe, well and happy
• develop confidence and independence
• make links within the local community
• reduce social isolation
• access opportunities for further support, friendship and social interaction
The Local Area Coordinator for your area is Emma Jones and can be contacted on 07583780991 or by email email@example.com