Information for Parents
The Childcare Offer for Wales provides up to 30 hours a week of funded early education and childcare for eligible working parents of 3 to 4 year olds, for up to 48 weeks of the year. The offer is available for children from the term after their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they are offered a full-time education place.
The Offer consists of a combination of the existing Foundation Phase Nursery (FPN) provision open to all 3 and 4 year olds, and additional funded childcare.
All applications for the Childcare Offer are processed by Neath Port Talbot Council’s Childcare Offer team.
To be eligible for the Childcare Offer, you must:
- Live in Neath Port Talbot
- Have a child that is 3 or 4 years old
- Earn on average a weekly minimum equivalent to, or more than, 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) or national living wage (NLW) but less than £100,000 per year.
If you are in a single parent family you need to be working and if you are in a two parent family you both need to be working.
If you are self-employed or on a zero hours contract you need to be able to prove this by providing the relevant documents.
How the offer works
The Childcare Offer provides up to 30 hours of government funded early education and childcare for 3 and 4 year old children of eligible parents for up to 48 weeks of the year, and will also apply during the school holidays.
|A child that turns 3 between||Can apply from||Can access the Offer from|
|4th January 2022 – 24th April 2022||31st January 2022||Summer term (25th April 2022 onwards|
|25th April 2022 – 4th September 2022||12th June 2022||Autumn Term (5th September onwards)|
Please note, the offer will start from the first day of the school term set by the Local Authority.
To apply you need to complete an online application form.
Please do not apply for the offer more than 12 weeks before your child’s start date. Any applications received before the 12 weeks will be rejected and a new application will have to be submitted.
Before you apply
Before starting your application, please follow the steps below:
Please check with your chosen childcare provider(s) to ensure that they have registered to become a provider of the Childcare Offer for Neath Port Talbot.
As this registration form cannot be saved, please ensure you have the following information before you start and that all documents are saved as either a PDF or as an image file before starting the application.
- Scan/photograph of your child's birth certificate.
- Scans/photographs of parent's last three months wage slips.
- Scan/photograph of a proof of residency, (e.g. most recent council tax statement, bank statement, utility bill, insurance document(s))
- Arrange childcare providers hours and days
- Employers contact details, including: Address, telephone number and email.
- Scan/photograph of any Department for Work and Pensions letter or current employer’s letter that would qualify parents for the Childcare Offer if not currently in work.
Complete the online application below.
Please note – you MUST inform us of any change in circumstances that would affect your eligibility for the Childcare Offer e.g. if your income falls below that required or your employment situation changes. If you claim the childcare element of the Childcare Offer while ineligible, you may be liable to repay the cost of the childcare.Check Eligibility and Apply
Call Neath Port Talbot Childcare Offer Team on 01639 873018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org