9. Are the assessments independent? Have any Category 3 checks been done? [LV-P]
ESP are an independent private practice who work for a range of public and private sector clients.
The Coal Authority (CA) were consulted by NPTCBC in July 2019. Refer to: Coal Authority Tip Inspection Report, July 2019:
CA Consequences, 2019:
- A major failure of the quarry spoil could potentially reach Godre’r Graig School. Although unlikely, a slope stability analysis based on available information supported by ground investigation data would be beneficial to assess the extent and likelihood of such a failure.
- Blockages of the drainage infrastructure to the rear of Godre’r Graig Primary School would result in flooding and potential slope instability."
CA Recommendations, 2019:
In order to ensure the risk of instability and public safety remains low…
- Consider clearing vegetation to allow inspection of drainage routes at Site 2.
- Ensure drainage infrastructure to the rear of Godre’r Graig Primary School is regularly inspected and maintained.
- Consider undertaking a slope stability analysis for Site 2 based on available information supplemented by ground investigation.
Category 3 checks are only for highway structures and buildings as part of the design process.