Council Tax Support
You may be eligible for Council tax Support if you receive a low income. You cannot claim if you have savings of over £16,000 unless you are 60 or over and are receiving the guarantee element of pension credit.
You can still claim Council Tax Support if you are working.
The amount of benefit you get will depend on:
- how much your weekly income is;
- how much savings you have;
- how many dependent children you have; and
- how many non-dependants are living with you and their income.
More information: A guide to Council Tax Support
How to apply for Council Tax Support
You can get an application form for Council Tax Support by:
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- phoning the Housing Benefits Section on
- 01639 686838 (Neath) or
- 763454 (Port Talbot)
- calling at:
- Neath One Stop Shop
- Housing Benefits Section