Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support

You may be eligible for Council tax Support if you receive a low income. You cannot claim if you have savings of over £16,000 unless you are 60 or over and are receiving the guarantee element of pension credit.

You can still claim Council Tax Support if you are working.

The amount of benefit you get will depend on:

  • how much your weekly income is;
  • how much savings you have;
  • how many dependent children you have; and
  • how many non-dependants are living with you and their income.

More information: A guide to Council Tax Support

How to apply for Council Tax Support

You can get an application form for Council Tax Support by:

  • e-mail to
  • phoning the Housing Benefits Section on
    • 01639 686838 (Neath) or
    • 763454 (Port Talbot)
  • calling at:
    • Neath One Stop Shop
      Civic Centre
      SA11 3QZ
    • Housing Benefits Section
      Civic Centre
      Port Talbot
      SA13 1PJ


  • or you can download one
File type Document File size
pdf Application for Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit
927 KB