has arrangements in place to monitor and
respond to flooding in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
Natural Resources Wales ‘Floodline
Warnings Direct’ service offers flood warnings for Wales. This
service allows residents to receive flood warnings relevant to
Warnings can be sent 24 hours a day to email addresses, mobile
phones, voice message, fax or pager. In addition, a ‘Floodline’
telephone service can be accessed day or night for real-time flood
warnings and advice.
Natural Resources Wales Advice
Natural Resources Wales three steps to take to prepare for
- Visit the Natural Resources Wales
website or call their 24 hour Floodline on 0345 988
1188 to find out if you are at risk of flooding.
- Find out if flood
warnings are available in your area.
- Make sure you understand the flood warning codes so you know
what to do when a flood warning is issued.
Flooding contact details
The below contact details can be used during flooding
- Danger to life - 999
- Highway flooding/emergencies – 01639
- Flooding from a main river (Natural Resources Wales)
- 03000 65 3000
- 24-hour advice and information service for floods and flood
warnings (Natural Resources Wales) - 0345 988 1188
- Emergency information and guidance regarding flooding of
sewers, blockages or urgent works related to sewers (Welsh Water) - 0800
If your are a housing association tenant, please contact your
landlord directly for any accommodation issues.