Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Where can I go for help now that the Residents' Incident Support Centre is closed?

The Resident’s Incident Support Centre was set up at Abbey Primary School as part of our immediate response to support residents has now closed.

However, we are continuing to provide in-person support to affected residents and are continuing to update these webpages with the latest advice and links you may find helpful.

Here we have compiled a list of ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ raised by Skewen residents over the last few weeks:

We understand that everyone that was affected by the floods in Skewen has had a lot to deal with both practically and emotionally. If you require support for your mental health and wellbeing, please contact your GP for advice and assistance.

The following resources may also be of help to you:

• For online resources in relation to adults please go to:
• For online resources in relation to children and young people please go to:
• For counselling support you can contact NPT MIND on 01639 643510 or email
• For a more extensive list of resources please go to the FAQs page:

If you require support to access white goods or furniture please contact the Safe and Well Service on 01639 686868 or your Local Area Coordinator, Emma Jones, on 07583 780991.

If you require independent advice on your personal situation, please contact Citizens Advice on (0808 278 7926)

If you require support in relation to your housing situation, please contact our Housing Options team on 01639 685219 or email

If you require any further information, assistance or advice not covered in the above please contact your Local Area Coordinator on: 07583 780991. Emma will be able to offer you support and redirect your call to the appropriate services/organisations based on your needs.

You can also contact Melanie, the Coal Authority's Community Liaison Officer on 0800 2884268 or call their helpline on 0800 2884268 or email